The scientific affairs department of Diyala University was found in 12/10/2017 after the abolition of the research and development department. The scientific affairs department consists of two sections and two units:
- The scientific research section.
- Marketing the scientific productions section.
- The electronic management unite.
- The electronic incubator unite.
The importance of the Scientific Affairs Department lies in the fact that it designs the scientific research policy of the University at all levels, through the study of ideas and proposals that contribute to the development of strategic plans for the development and upgrading of any scientific matter in general and scientific research in particular and its applications to the labor market.
The department objectives are driven from its name, the scientific affairs department is concerned with any scientific research, conferences, symposiums, panel discussions, author books, patents, creative works, pilot projects and technology incubators by supporting those scientific activities through: planning, management and administration. The Department aims to draw up the University's scientific plan with all its components in order to be in line with the University's strategic vision and objectives.
The department seeks to achieve those aims by building and maintaining a piece of comprehensive information and database for the scientific and research activities of researchers and teachers in the University's faculties and research centers. The Section contributes to the development of the annual scientific plan of the University, tracks its implementation ratios and develops solutions and proposals for treatment and adjustment within deliberate developmental perspectives.
Tasks and Duties
- Following-up and organization of the University's scientific activities including: scientific research, conferences, seminars, panel discussions, author books, patents, creative works, pilot projects and technology incubators.
- Updating and following up the research plan for planned, completed and published research and submitting it to the Ministry every three months.
- The documentation of the patents of the University's affiliate and submitting them to the Ministry of Higher Education, which in turn submits them to the valorization and quality control system to record them as patents.
- Following-up of the plan of conferences, seminars, workshops in the university colleges for approval and submission to the Ministry of higher education and scientific research.
- Encouraging researchers to register with the Iraqi Virtual Science Library IVSL and using modern research sources.
- Supervision and following up with the journals issued by the University and ensuring accuracy and commitment to the scientific requirements and the instructions of the Ministry of higher education and scientific research.
- Following up on the University's scientific journals and periodicals.
- Following-up of the registration of the Iraqi science Day awards by faculties and researchers.
- Following up on the University's pilot research projects.
- Evaluation of creative work and promotion of excellence to the Ministry every three months.
- Evaluation of creative work and submitting the prominent ones to the Ministry of higher education and scientific research every three months.
- Annual participation in the plagiarism detection Program and distribution of accounts to the university colleges and journals.
- Preparing and organizing quarterly and annual statistics about the University's scientific achievements and make recommendations about those achievements.